Soar to dizzying heights in this electrifying cooperative adventure! Work as a team to explore a mysterious platform that floats at the centre of a savage storm.
Connect a circuit of cables to launch a secret rocket – all before you are struck by lightning or blown off to the depths below. It’s a high-wire act that will test your team’s capacity for courage and cooperation. One false step and you all could be grounded… permanently!
What’s in the box?
- 37 tiles
- 36 cards
- 32 circuit components
- 13 meter clips
- Six wooden pawns
- One storm meter and stand
- A starting grid
- One rocket
How to play:
On every turn, do the following things in order:
Take up to 4 actions:
- Move: move your pawn to an adjacent tile.
- Scout: draw the top tile from the power platform draw pile and place it face up in front of you (up to a 3 tile limit).
- Explore: place one of your tiles onto the platform, adjacent to the tile that your pawn is on.
- Wire: add a physical wire to a circuit component attached to your tile so that it connects to another circuit component.
Storm Cards: Draw cards from the storm draw pile equal to the storm intensity level on the storm meter. Reveal and resolve the cards one at a time.
To win the game, get to the launch pad! Once you have wired the required components into a circuit (except one final wire that you’ll use to take off), first place the rocket onto the launch pad. Make sure you’re all on the rocket, and as a final step, add the last wire to complete the circuit and launch the rocket for the win!
You’ll lose the game if:
- Electrocuted: if the clip on any player’s health meter reaches the skull and crossbones.
- Fall: if the clip on any player’s rope meter reaches the skull and crossbones.
- Swept away: if the clip on the Storm meter reaches the skull and crossbones.
- Abandoned: if the rocket takes off before everyone is on a launch pad tile.
Forbidden Sky reinforces strategic thinking, visual discrimination and cooperation.